I've been the one which stood out in the family. Literally!!! Thrown out, ridiculed at and even banished from being present at the so called round table 'family' conferences. It had never occurred to me that I was the black sheep they wanted to hunt down. Naaah! It's nothing to do with the colour of the skin but more with what they perceived to be "glorified rebellion". I completely agree to that. Never mind the fact that I turned eccentric a little later! What I wanted to express was often extinguished in the flood of words from others called their 'opinion...S'. But somehow I managed to sail thorough.
Today I write on something that has disturbed me a lot. When I see the sorrow, suffering and the endless pain that my fellow humans suffer I can't just sit and scratch my balls. I tend to react and I believe in the best possible way a undermined, middle classed lousy little prick could! Maybe that's why I've been termed arrogant, irreverent and outspoken. A look at the media headlines today, and I'm saddened to an extent unprecedented by any happening in my life. I see myself spectacled to a phenomenon that dominates filthy information barrage. Obscene talks about bullish stock exchanges, crowded McDonalds, swarming beach resorts, swinging discotheques filled with pimps & whores, the sparkling Queen's necklace (wonder why they call it the fucking Marine Drive), malls, multiplexes, software parks, 'smart cities', swanky emporia, towers with all their glass and glitter. It fills me with shit. Against this backdrop we have the sweeping gentrification of slums, burgeoning suburbia with their pools, golf courses, custom built vehicles, luxury condominiums and so on. The banner headlines bombard us with the news of India's arrival as an economic superpower with phenomenal growth rates etc...etc...etc.
Trust me, I never endorsed Economics lessons on my blog, but certain articles and the current situation that I see in my country in, prompted me to think where we are heading. As Cinish rightly said "A business which is involved in delivering to human cravings is a sure shot". Right, every perverted smug on this planet is dreaming to be a money spinner. And I'm in a course where they teach me to be that very fucking perverted soul! How shity can life get? When I read about the malnutrition problem faced by a huge part of country's population, I couldn't have a proper sleep for nights. Sleepless for me, but, I realise that many would still have had porn stars spicing up their wet dreams every night, never to be bothered about any of the pathetic conditions that the rest of the millions are in. Mates, I know I'm not perfect. But I can say with certain conviction that a human soul is more important to me than celebrating my pet dog's birthday with Pedigree cakes and cannabis.
Why have we lost our priorities? Why have we become so deaf that we can't hear a child's cry? Are we so immune to human suffering? The answer is within. The only problem is we never want to recognise the question. We are happy and have so selfishly spread our bright asses across the gold plated Euro shit holes that we are so used to. We are so heavily dependent to a theory that psychologists call 'Escapism'.
I can't crib about people and their right to their own wish. But I call that my 'Right to be a Rebel'. I have so enjoyed being pitched against the gigantic fuck faces that were spawned across this planet by the will of the unknown. So decided to lend myself for the cause for an alternative. May be bring in some happiness, no matter how minute, in to the life of an underprivileged. After all that's how I've been brought up. Coming to think of it, I think it's that's how I am.
You may not be the anchor to anyone's life but don't reach a point where in you despise the others. In case you do, just slit your throat. Someday when you buy food for your loving pet, remember that in some corner of your very block there's a child who can't even be breast fed because his or her mother is under nutritional. And that my friend is very true in our country.
And for this time, I won't be Cheering, mates.

No comments:
Post a Comment