We have ear marked days to express our love. Father’s Day, Mother’s Day, Valentine’s Day and the lists are endless. Why the fuck don’t we have an ‘Ex Day’. In the sense, a day to love our Ex-whatever whatever? I give a damn about what you want to fill in after the Ex. It could be your boyfriend, girlfriend, wife, husband and what not. We all have memories about our past. Maybe we don’t cherish them, we may not recollect them, may hate them, and many may be living in them. But the fact remains that we’re unable run away from them.
One such thing from our past is our Ex. Their memories are spread across every corner that we slide in our busy lives. Yet we haven’t made that simple effort to be in touch with them. Today we might be happy in another relationship and no matter how arrogant bitchy, ballistic, snobby, smuggest or foolish they were we’ve avoided their presence for our comforts. Today, for a change, remember your Ex. Fuck all the consequences and formalities that you might have to come across. Just trust your instincts and give them a call. Let them feel that you’re not the inhumane soul that he/she had cursed all this while. Let them be happy to know that you still care.
If that’s too hard then just try recollecting them, at least in appearance. Try being nostalgic and drown yourself in their memories! I rememeber mine as a runaway who blew her stray strand of hair when angry. Pure and innocent as a flower. Her svelte figure made her even more adorable. She wore a smile all the time, was bubbly and happy. I loved her pretty pink dresses and braided hair. She hugged her pretty pillow and giggled in her fantasies. Her pouty shimmery lips & alabaster skin were so ethereal. As time passed, her bouffant and snaking plait of hair became curly locks that had one ensnared. The curly pig tails then turned into glossy locks left billowing in the breeze. She graduated from slippers into high heels. She combed her tresses and added colour to her cheeks. She even tried makeup, miniskirts and gowns. Her large expressive eyes would forever shed the tears of separation, but then things had to move on. Reckon, I’d still remember her as the girl with large eyes and wild hair.
She was sent from above to save me from being totally eccentric. I agree we don’t share an equation today but I’ll definitely call her up once I gather the courage to do so. But I’ve not got her contact info. So I shall keep hunting for it. And while I'm on it, someone's planning to take his Ex and her fiance' for dinner!
Cheers!!!

2 comments:
An understandably fragile topic.
You can never stop loving anybody, you just learn to live without them.
Ah!!!!Matters of the heart are always delicate.... like the wings of bee..but thats what keeps them flying.... in short. Like it or not they will have played a part in shaping you as a person that you are today..
Post a Comment